Thursday, May 7, 2015

MRI and shots

Christmas of 2014, I have my bone scan recently done, which gave me no concrete diagnosis. After resting my feet throughout Christmas holidays, I returned to work, got a new doctor and an MRI scheduled. At this point, I had no idea what a tarsal coalition was, I had never heard of it. I had an MRI done of my right foot only, since the symptoms and onset were identical.


As you can see pointed out in the photo (my actual foot MRI) these two bones look strangely connected, and they became the only thing that could be identified as a problem.

To treat this issue I needed to first rest my feet, which at this time, I had stopped running and training for months, no change. Since the rest alone didn't help, I was given cortisone shots in each foot during the February to March timeframe, one at a time. The shots made a difference for a few days, but even then, then pain was only cut in half. I had initially scheduled a follow up appointment to get a cast for 6 weeks, but after careful consideration, I skipped the cast altogether and asked for the resection surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment